Hi from Seattle! Which is a very weird place to be right now. We’re usually a pretty bustling place and … well, we’re not now. But look, we’re the people who make a game about the imminent apocalypse, another game about fighting an ecological catastrophe, and yet another game about the age of mankind falling eight times. And that’s to say nothing of our book about a guy who’s the literal manifestation of the Grim Reaper. We’ve simulated this situation more than a few times.
And so on Friday the 13th, we figured out a little something we could do about it, in our own way. Read on if you want to know more.
We make a particular type of game that’s good in this horrible situation, and so we’re getting them out as cheaply as we possibly can
As the calls for social distancing arose, we realized something about what we make that’s unique to our company: Nearly everything we make is suitable for solo play. We strive to challenge people to game against our games, or solve against our books, and people have rewarded us handsomely over the years for that decision.
So while some other companies are jacking up prices, we’re going the other way. We’ve dropped all our games and books’ prices to the absolute minimum cost we could ever sell them for, in our Save Our Sanity (SOS) offer. We would never sell games at these prices in any normal circumstance. This isn’t one of those.
So for a temporary but undetermined amount of time, you can get all of these games for these “save our sanity” prices, plus shipping and handling.
- Apocrypha’s The World box is now reduced from $74.95 to $24.95.
- Apocrypha‘s The Flesh and The Devil expansions are reduced from $39.95 to $19.95.
- Apocrypha‘s The Book of the Hybrids expansion is reduced from $4.95 to $1.95.
- The Ninth World: A Skillbuilding Game for Numenera is reduced from $49.95 to $19.95.
- Thornwatch‘s Core Set is reduced from $74.95 to $24.95. (Thornwatch isn’t officially a solo game, but we know people who play solo against the game.)
- Thornwatch‘s The Dark of the Wood expansion is reduced from $39.95 to $19.95.
- Paul & Storm’s Sausage Party is reduced from $24.95 to $14.95. (We have no idea how to play this solo, but whatever. It’s on the list.)
- The Maze of Games is reduced from $49.95 to $19.95.
- The Keymaster’s Tome is reduced from $24.95 to $12.95.
- Puzzlecraft is reduced from $29.95 to $14.95.
- The Kobold Guide to Board Game Design is reduced from $19.95 to $11.95.
- Our friends at Basket of Adorables’ books Game Theory in the Age of Chaos and The Ghastlytrump Tinies are reduced from $24.95 to $10.
- All of these games and books’ other accessories will stay at the previous February Frenzy level of $5 each. This includes the Apocrypha Soulbinder,
Box of Hope 3-Pack, and Revelation Dice; The Ninth World Playmap; Thornwatch Core Acrylic Pawnsand The Dark of the Wood Acrylic Pawns; The Maze of Games’ Theseus Guide to the Final Maze and Maze Map; and the Puzzlecraft Workbook. So are the PDFs of those puzzle accessories and both The Maze of Games Audiobook and The Theseus Guide Audiobook and Variety Hour. (Struck-through items are sold out. Sorry!)
- Every other PDF we sell is now $5 or less.
That’s what we could think of to do to help. We want you to stay home if you can, be well, and have all the fun you can.
We’re not going out much these days
We had a massive amount of convention travel planned in the next few months. But our city is in the process of locking itself down, and we need to be smart about these things, for our benefit and yours. We’ve seen major conventions like Emerald City Comic Con, SXSW, and Burning Cat shut down their events between now and May. We think this is a good idea.
So Lone Shark has canceled its convention appearances and non-essential company travel for the next two months at least. That’s a lot, including the GAMA Trade Show this week, GameStorm, Norwescon, and others. We’ve targeted Memorial Day Weekend (May 22-25), which is PaizoCon in Seattle and Kublacon in San Francisco, as the weekend for which we’ll revisit this decision as news of the outbreak develops. We hope to be at Origins, Gen Con, and PAX West.
We’re aware of how risky this is. We’re a small company that punches above our weight largely due to face-to-face interactions with our fans, our distributors, our partners, and our retailers. Conventions are our lifeblood. We know this is going to hurt. So we’re asking for your help in another way, if you have the willingness to do so.
We’re doing a Kickstarter for Lords of Vegas and we would love you to bookmark it
As we mentioned last month, we got the rights back to Lords of Vegas, our much beloved board game about building Las Vegas from scratch. In late March or early April, we’re doing a Kickstarter for the expansion Underworld, a 10th Anniversary Boss Bundle, and some more things. You can see it right now by clicking this link.
We’re sharing this with you now because we’d like you to hit that button that says “Notify Me on Launch.” We’re hoping to get as big a boost as we can on the first day so that the Googly doohickeys churn up a lot of buzz on the game. If you’ve got the game and want some new stuff for it, or if you’ve never played it and have always wanted to try it, we’d love it if you’d bookmark it now so you can back it soon. Since we’ll be unable to go to conventions to promote it, we’ll be relying on our friends to carry the message for us.
We have high hopes for Lords of Vegas and we really hope you like what we’ll do with it now that it’s back in our hands. Thanks again for all your support on this.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay in touch!
Your friends at Lone Shark Games