If you’re at PAX West this week, come find our booth, #5006 on the sixth floor. We have the just-released Thornwatch to play and purchase along with The Ninth World, Apocrypha, and more! You can find us in the PAX app or just copy this handy image.
We also have a bunch of panels and events that you won’t want to miss, including a Thornwatch panel titled Thornwatch Live: The Life of a Judge, where Mike Selinker will lead a table through a live game, showing off the ebb-infused excitement of being one of the judges of the Eyrewood. This one will be streamed live, Monday at 3 PM PT, so all you members of the Thornwatch at home can join us.
Here’s a quick look at all our events at PAX West, including links to the PAX West event pages and streaming channels:
- Mike Selinker’s Can You Survive This Panel? (Friday 8:00-9:00 , Hippogriff Theatre): Mike takes on literally everyone else in the entire room in a trivia challenge. Mike doesn’t know the answers to the questions, or even the subjects, which are chosen by the audience with the aid of the Sharks. He does have one advantage: Every time he wins a challenge, he gets to kill a portion of the audience through entertaining means. If even one audience member survives, Mike loses. Protip: Mike doesn’t think he’s going to lose.
- Level Up: Manifesting Your Gamer Self in Real Life (Saturday 11:00-12:00 Hippogriff Theatre): For many of us, games are where we find our true selves. This is not by accident. The role of play has long been to provide a way for us to model certain behaviors in a safe environment where consequences are limited. Are you ready to take that self-knowledge into the real world where the rewards and consequences are life-changing? Our panelists will give you some straight talk on embracing your inner warrior, leader, hero, and lover.
- The Last Game I’ll Ever Design (Saturday 6:30-7:30 Hippogriff Theatre): Mike isn’t getting any younger. Sure, he’s still hip with the cool kids (that’s what they say, right), but he has to be looking ahead to eventual cryogenics or something. So he’ll talk about what would be his last game he’d ever design, if it came to that. Then you can ask questions!
- The Art of the Table: GMing Beyond the Basics (Sunday 11:30-12:30 Hydra Theatre, Live Stream): Whether you’ve GMed hundreds of sessions or are sitting behind the screen for the first time, one thing is certain: your friends will inevitably find some way to choose the one option you never expected their characters to attempt. The Art of the Table returns to PAX to help Game Masters of all stripes hone their skills at improvisation, story design, table management, and rolling with the unexpected. Our panel of expert GMs will tackle any and all questions! All levels of experience welcome!
- Thornwatch Live: The Life of a Judge (Monday 3:00-4:00 Wyvern Theatre, Live Stream): Tie a knot of brambles around a tree, prick your finger on the thorns and offer up your blood to summon the ancient spirits bound to the Eyrewood. We all know the story of the Thornwatch and what they can do. But what about the Judges? Join the Lone Shark Games team as we play a live session of Thornwatch, focusing on the gameplay and excitement that comes along with being one of the ancient Judges of the Eyrewood. Whether you’ve spent some time with Thornwatch or are new to the Eyrewood, you won’t want to miss this hour of adventure filled with tips, tricks and ebb-powered shenanigans.
This will be the first PAX since Thornwatch’s release, and we’re super excited to be able to share it and play it with all of you. We’ll see you on the floor and in the Eyrewood!